Instructional Goal: Brainstorm and build on ideas
- Post topics and chart paper around the room (one topic per chart paper).
- Ask learners to go to a topic that interests them most (no more than three people to a group – so some may have to choose 2nd choice).
- Brainstorm things you think that you know, questions, or concerns that you have about this topic onto the chart paper. Divide chart paper if more than one task is given such as things you think that you know and questions.
- Rotate to the next chart and take your marker. Change who is the recorder.
- Rotate again and take your marker with you. Change who is the recorder.
- Rotate again and take your marker with you.
- Gallery walk around to see the other chart papers – end at your starting place. Notice the changes to your chart. Put an ! point next to things that surprise you.
- Sit down – discuss the charts
- See: Ask learners what they see in the charts,
- Think: Ask learners what they think about the circles and underlines,
- Wonder: Ask learners what questions should we pursue and what are our next steps.
- Take a moment to write a down your own learning or take away from this activity.